Welcome to my practice!
By now I hope you have gotten an idea of who I am and how I practice. Perhaps you have decided I am a good fit for what you are looking for. My clients are highly motivated people who want to move toward change and create personal and relational success in their lives. I look forward to meeting with you and supporting you toward your goals!
My practice is located in a restored, historic building in the picturesque Bankers Hill neighborhood near Balboa Park. Clients often stroll through the park after sessions or visit the numerous restaurants and coffee shops in the area.
How long is each session?
How many sessions do I need?
How often do we meet?
What days of the week do you work?
How do I know if you are the right therapist for me?
What is your fee for psychotherapy?
Individual, Couple or Family Therapy (50 minute sessions): $150
Individual, Couple or Family Therapy (80 minute sessions): $225
Paying out of pocket for therapy rather than using insurance benefits can be advantageous for several reasons:
1. In order to bill insurance, I must give you a mental health diagnosis after the first session. If your symptoms do not fit the severity of a mental health diagnosis, I must give you one anyway. For youth seeking military service in adulthood, this could pose a barrier to enlisting.
2. Insurance determines the length of each session (45-50 minutes) and how many sessions we can meet. Each person is unique and requires a tailored treatment plan and insurance makes that more challenging.
3. Many insurance plans only allow face to face sessions usually one time per week. I often provide teletherapy via the phone or videoconferencing when clients are unable to come into my office for any reason. Stressors or crisis’ do not always happen on a preset time table and having the flexibility to schedule sessions when, how often and from where you want is important.
What is your fee for consultation and trainings?
Individual and group consultation- 1 hour $150
Individual consultation- 30 minutes $75
Reduced rates for additional hours and packages to meet your specific needs are available upon request.
Trainings and workshops: Fees vary according to length, travel and materials. Packages are available for those interested in ongoing, comprehensive trainings.
Scheduling: Consultations, trainings and workshops are available by request for day, evening and weekend appointments. I also provide individual or small group consultation via phone or video conferencing for people anywhere in the United States and other countries.
What is your fee for clinical supervision?
Clinical supervision: 1 hour $150
Reduced fee for groups depending on number of participants
What forms of payment do you accept?
Do you take insurance?
If you have a PPO insurance plan not listed above, you may receive reimbursement for my services depending on your out-of-network provider benefits. Upon payment after each session, I can provide you with a bill which you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Because coverage will vary based on your plan, I recommend you call your insurance provider and ask the following questions prior to your first appointment:
• Do I have mental/behavioral health insurance benefits?
• What are my out-of-network provider benefits for mental/behavioral health services?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• Is approval or pre-authorization required?
What are your cancellation and missed session policies?
Do you provide teletherapy?
Please note that I can only provide teletherapy to California residents who are residing in California at the time of therapy.
I also provide individual or small group consultation via phone or video conferencing for people anywhere in the United States and other countries.