In individual therapy (or “psychotherapy”) sessions, I work with you one-on-one in a safe and supportive environment that aims to facilitate change and improve your quality of life. My focus is to resolve the issues that brought you into therapy and create the change you seek for your life. We will begin by setting personal goals for yourself and identify steps toward resolution or achievement. Each individual session will differ according to what you bring in that day to address. We may explore past events that impact you and your current relationships or we may focus on learning new skills to give you freedom from your symptoms.
People seek individual therapy for a variety of reasons. We may work together for as few as 5-8 sessions or we may choose to work for a longer period of time, depending on your unique needs and personal goals for therapy.
Ready To Get Started?
Individual therapy can help you
- Cope with major life challenges
- Better understand yourself and your relationships
- Deal with depression and mood swings
- Manage anxiety and stress
- Overcome fears and insecurities
- Foster resiliency to surmount challenges
- Explore educational and career aspirations
- Enhance performance and concentration
- Gain personal growth and self-awareness
- Work through challenging or influential memories
- Make sense of and release past traumatic experiences
- Strengthen self-esteem and positive body image
- Improve relationships
- Develop healthy boundaries
- End destructive habits
- Foster purpose, meaning and spiritual growth