Facts & Fees
How long is each session?
A standard session length is 50 minutes. Extended sessions for couples work, EMDR and other needs are available depending on the intensity of treatment desired. For couples and families, I recommend 1-1.5 hour sessions in order to most effectively address the needs of each participant.
How many sessions do I need?
How often do we meet?
What days of the week do you work?
How do I know if you are the right therapist for me?
What is your fee for psychotherapy?
Initial phone consultation: FREE
Individual, Couple or Family Therapy (50 minute sessions): $150
Individual, Couple or Family Therapy (80 minute sessions): $225
Paying out of pocket for therapy rather than using insurance benefits can be advantageous for several reasons:
1. In order to bill insurance, I must give you a mental health diagnosis after the first session. If your symptoms do not fit the severity of a mental health diagnosis, I must give you one anyway. For youth seeking military service in adulthood, this could pose a barrier to enlisting.
2. Insurance determines the length of each session (45-50 minutes) and how many sessions we can meet. Each person is unique and requires a tailored treatment plan and insurance makes that more challenging.
3. Many insurance plans only allow face to face sessions usually one time per week. I often provide teletherapy via the phone or videoconferencing when clients are unable to come into my office for any reason. Stressors or crisis’ do not always happen on a preset time table and having the flexibility to schedule sessions when, how often and from where you want is important.
What is your fee for consultation and trainings?
What is your fee for clinical supervision?
What forms of payment do you accept?
Do you take insurance?
I am an in-network provider for: Tricare West and Triwest.
If you have a PPO insurance plan not listed above, you may receive reimbursement for my services depending on your out-of-network provider benefits. Upon payment after each session, I can provide you with a bill which you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Because coverage will vary based on your plan, I recommend you call your insurance provider and ask the following questions prior to your first appointment:
• Do I have mental/behavioral health insurance benefits?
• What are my out-of-network provider benefits for mental/behavioral health services?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• Is approval or pre-authorization required?
What are your cancellation and missed session policies?
Cancellations and missed sessions will be charged at my full rate of $150 per hour session and $225 per 1.5 hour sessions if NOT RECEIVED AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. This is necessary because a time commitment is made to you and is held exclusively for you. This is not a fee that is covered by insurance. For those using your insurance, the missed session and late cancellation fee is billed at the rate your insurance reimburses me for my sessions with you. We will discuss this rate at our first session together.